Re: About USB hard drives and errors

On 20100411_005504, Celejar wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 22:41:57 -0600
> Paul E Condon <pecondon@mesanetworks.net> wrote:

> > So, the fact that my WD drives don't play well with S.M.A.R.T doesn't
> > make them special, and I should not spend much, if any, time looking
> > for a USB solution. What other options are there for external HD?
>
> I'm sorry, I don't really know much about this stuff.  I'm just
> repeating what I've heard (and seen, in my very limited experience).
>
> Celejar

Your comment was/is helpful to me. Thanks. Please don't drop off this
thread because I'm sometimes too terse. Following some links from article
you cited lead me to some threads on SATA and eSATA, so I am not all at
my wits end now. But it is well past my bed time.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net