Re: [OT] Ubuntu vs Debian forums (was recompiling the kernel with a different version name)

> For some reason, this well-known proverb is going through my head:
>
>   Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
>   Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
>
> I'd rather learn to fish.

In this case it's:

  Take a rope off their necks and you save him today. (get him off Windows)
  Try to teach him what to do with a better rope and he will call you
twice a day for the next four years (install Debian for him)
  Give him a rope made for babies and you'll both be happy (install Ubuntu)

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com