Re: Instability in Iceweasel

On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 10:08:54AM -0500, Stephen Powell wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 22:10:36 -0500 (EST), Freeman wrote:
> > No issues here.
> >
> > |freeman@Europa:~$ apt-show-versions iceweasel libcairo2
> > |iceweasel/testing uptodate 3.5.8-1
> > |libcairo2/testing uptodate 1.8.8-2
> > |freeman@Europa:~$
>
> I haven't experienced the problem either -- yet.  But
> apparently it's coming.  Oh joy.  I run a pure testing (Squeeze)
> distribution -- all packages are from testing, none are from unstable
> or experimental.
>
> The Epiphany problem with downloads and plugins, however, I have been
> experiencing for months.  However, Epiphany on stable (Lenny) works fine.

Hmm, lest I forget, I put them on hold in aptitude.

Wish I liked epiphany better. I have it as default browser so it is the
system browser for the Reference and snownews/mutt, etc.  But I didn't
notice the download/plugins thing because I never use it for any real work
because I find it awkward. Maybe I just need more time with it.

Plus I don't know what is better, Gecko or Webkit. The latter was a
dependency resolution problem for me last I checked. But Gecko sounds
cooler. :-)

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman