Re: unexpected problem with icedove : hundred of storaged mails no longer have a body !

Mike Dresser wrote:
On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Bernard wrote:

Again I re-installed the old .mozilla-thunderbird directory, waiting for more advices

Icedove has a 4gb folder size limit.. could you have hit that?

Mike

I don't have a single folder that big. However, my directory :

.mozilla-thunderbird/j1ay1d2c.default/Mail

is 4458 MB large, that is about 4.4 gb.

My .mozilla-thunderbird/j1ay1d2c.default/Mail/'Local Folders'/Inbox.sbd directory holds 1242 Mb (1.2 gb) altogether with all Inbox subfolders.

In any case, the disappearing of 2640 message bodies out of 2700 on the Inbox folder (the subfolders did not lose their message bodies), was sudden, it must have happened not later than a few days ago