[OT] Users posting to the wrong list (was: DNS (BIND)primario y secundario)

On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 22:21:48 -0600, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> Camaleón put forth on 3/3/2010 8:50 AM:

>> Stan, please, let's calm down.
>>
>> I'll try again to contact Cosme and explain him the situation. I don't
>> think he is fully aware of his fault, in fact, rarely replies to other
>> people's advices in the Spanish list either...

I sent him an e-mail yesterday but still no reply. E-mail message was not
bounced back to me, though.

> What really peeves me is the last time, or the one before that, that he
> posted here, I tried to send a direct reply to him politely asking him
> to post to the Spanish list, and found the domain in his email address
> was apparently non-existent, or his DNS was perpetually down, or?  I had
> no I idea my reply hadn't gone through until I found it sitting in my
> Postfix deferred queue 4 days later and deleted it since it could never
> be delivered.

Well, many Cuban users are facing a very restricted posititon when it
comes to Internet access. Some of them only have a limited e-mail account
and nothing more so the only way they can communicate with the "outside"
world to solve their linux problems is by using mailing lists. That means
no Google, no FAQs and no "fresh" tips/documentation at all.

Anyway, I guess Cosme situation is a bit special as he almost never
replies to Debian Spanish list nor to direct e-mail requests :-?

> It's almost like Cosme is Costello in "Who's on 1st":
> http://www.baseball-almanac.com/humor4.shtml

Can't catch the joke, sorry O:-)

But a further reading on the Wikipedia¹ article about the duo it gives me
an idea of whole picture, I guess ;-)

¹ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbott_and_Costello

Greetings,

--