KDE session dead

Hello list,

After updating my debian  squeeze box yesterday I'm having trouble
logging into my KDE session. More specifically, after I choose "KDE"
from the available sessions from kdm,  the kde splash screen begins
screen, with which I can't interact, since it's all, like, black. The
"logged in" music tune plays just fine though, which makes me feel
there's something wrong with a KDE update as far as the desktop
display's concerned. I had KDE effects turned on, if that's helping
towards the right direction.

Currently posting from a GNOME session. Anyboy with a problem similar
to mine after recent upgrades? Anything I can do to revive my KDE
session?

Thanks,

Jason