Reply-to the list (was: one website gives "address not found" from LAN)

On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 12:08:58 +0000, Joe wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:
>> 2010/2/5 Joe:
>>
>> (you forgot replying to the list)
>>
> Sorry. I use Icedove for mail and news, and I've yet to find out how to
> make it reply to the list. I need to remember to copy and paste the
> right address and I do occasionally forget. I take another debian list
> as a newsgroup and there's no problem then.

Yep, no problem :-)

Some mailing lists do not want to hide the "From:" and they keep the
original's sender e-mail so if your MUA has no "reply to the list" option
(KMail or Mutt have) when you hit "Reply" your e-mail goes just to the OP.

I knew there was a bypass for Thunderbird (by setting
"mailnews.clobber_list_reply" to "yes") but IIRC, that worked with
openSUSE Thunderbird packages.

I wonder if Debian devs also ported this to Icedove :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón