Re: auto-mounting disks that might not be present (e.g. usb drives)

On Sat, 2010-02-06 at 07:39 +1030, Arthur Marsh wrote:

> Last question is, what guarantee is there that the device file will have
> been generated (assuming that the USB drive is present) before the
> @reboot cron event is run?

The standard mount script is run in runlevel S, which is entered before
the numbered runlevels which is where cron is started. So I'm guessing
if the device is there in time to be mounted from fstab, it will be
there before cron runs.

Richard