Re: Free book - GNU/Linux Advanced Administration

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Thu, 4 Feb 2010, Kent West wrote:

AG wrote:
Odd wrote:
Might be interesting for some people on this list.

http://ftacademy.org/materials/fsm/2

Yer right.  'Twas very interesting.  Thanks for the link.  It looks
like a pretty decent reference to the subject, and I appreciate that
they have used a Debian (as well as a Fedora Core) focus for examples
of implementation.
Okay, you persuaded me to go take a look.

Why, oh why, don't "professionals" proof-read their material?

On the first page, in the first paragraph:
The GNU/Linux systems have reached an important level of maturity,
allowing to integrate them in almost any kind of work environment,
from a desktop PC to the *sever* facilities of a big company.

  i'll be checking that out shortly as well, but i'm more put off by
the thought that an advanced admin book first feels the need to
evangelize the operating system.

  people who are drawn to an *advanced* administration book are
typically past the point where they need to be sold on the OS.

Yeah. I don't know how many books I've seen that dedicate an
entire chapter to the history of Linux, distros and whatnot. It gets
very, very annoying after a while.

--
Odd