Re: vmlinuz-2.6.32-trunk-amd64?

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 05:52:49PM -0500, Thomas H. George wrote:
> I find I now have vmlinuz-2.6.32-trunk-amd64 in my boot directory.
> Added, I guess, as part of a recent dist-upgrade though I didn't notice it
> (careless) in the list of new items to be installed.
>
> grub has added this kernel image to the top of the boot list but trying
> to boot with it ends in kernel panic, can't find root directory.  This
I had a similiar problem when upgrading to 2.6.32-6, what I did to fix
it was rebuild the initrd - some reason grub or mkinitrd had failed when
doing it during the linux-image install

--
"I'm also mindful that man should never try to put words in God's mouth. I mean, we should never ascribe natural disasters or anything else, to God. We are in no way, shape, or form should a human being, play God."

	- George W. Bush
01/14/2005
Washington, DC
Appearing on ABC's 20/20