Re: R: sata hard drive mounting problem

Thanks Marco

You stated:>>

You need add a line like this one in /etc/fstab:

/dev/device   /mount/point   file system     options     dump    pass

For use normal user

/dev/sdb1	  /media/HDD	ext3		defaults,user,rw
0  	 0
------------------------

The drive has an nfts windows file system on it with some folder already on
it. I'm trying to get my file's off it on to the new debian install I got
now, then I'm going to take the derive back out of this computer.

So I think I need to put the file system as nfts not ext3 right?

You stated:>>

If you create the mount point with a root user do you need change the owner
of the folder

If all the folders are crowned with root as owner, How do I change them to
all users?

Thanks And:
God Bless You!