Re: Postscript: Grub2 in current Squeeze

>>>Granted I'm not trying anything out of the way, just multi-booting half
>>>a dozen GNU/linux systems, but seriously, would grub2 be part of debian
>>>stable if it was as... unstable as has been claimed in this thread..??

> Did grub2 recognize your other OS's automatically?  I've only used grub2 for
> one installation and it didn't recognize Windows XP on my friend's machine
> (even though it was valid and the hdd would boot XP), so I Google'd around a
> bit and followed something similar to this
> http://erickoo.wordpress.com/2009/06/14/how-to-add-vista-partition-to-grub-2-ubuntu-9-10-karmic-koala/.
> Just my experience but grub has never failed to pick up the other OS's
> automatically.

June 2009; old thread. In October/November 2009, grub2 still had
issues, especially with /boot, when creating grub.cfg. But it has been
working well since for me (the only problem that I am still having is
that the "Ubuntu version" does not create an initrd line for a
Fedora/RHEL/Centos install; I have been meaning to install grub2 on my
Fedora partition to see what happens there) on various boxes and for
both Linux and Windows installs; on BIOS+MBR HDs.