Re: Postscript: Grub2 in current Squeeze

>On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Chris Jones <cjns1989@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 04:00:07PM EST, Tom H wrote:
>
>Granted I'm not trying anything out of the way, just multi-booting half
>a dozen GNU/linux systems, but seriously, would grub2 be part of debian
>stable if it was as... unstable as has been claimed in this thread..??
>
>CJ

Did grub2 recognize your other OS's automatically?  I've only used grub2 for one installation and it didn't recognize Windows XP on my friend's machine (even though it was valid and the hdd would boot XP), so I Google'd around a bit and followed something similar to this http://erickoo.wordpress.com/2009/06/14/how-to-add-vista-partition-to-grub-2-ubuntu-9-10-karmic-koala/.  Just my experience but grub has never failed to pick up the other OS's automatically.

I don't know if grub2 is unstable, it was just easier for some people (like myself) to edit menu.lst directly.  People might be singing the praises of grub2 in a year, who knows.

Mark