Re: don't upgrade grub or grub-pc ! what's wrong with LILO ?

On Monday 01 February 2010 10:06:50 Jens Van Broeckhoven wrote:
> Debian needs a default and grub is more suitable in most cases.

It's only the default if you are using d-i.  Oft times, I will install Debian
through the debootstrap method, from whatever live CD/DVD I have sitting
around.  In that case, you don't get a bootloader until you install one (of
your choice).

> Nothing  will stop you from using LiLo if that's what you prefer.

Also, once GRUB is purged from your system, I don't know any debian package
that will attempt to pull it back in.