Re: Problems with Xorg in squeeze after update

Hi, David.

On Monday, 07 December 2009 20:03:43 +0000,
David Claughton wrote:

> Might be worth checking if you have compositing turned on - that has
> the same effect on my machine, though I would have thought it would
> work with an nvidia card ...
>
> ------ ~/.kde/share/config/kwinrc
> |
> | [Compositing]
> | AnimationSpeed=3
> | Backend=OpenGL
> | DisableChecks=false
> | Enabled=false
> |
> -------
>
> If yours says "Enabled=true" change it to false and see what happens.

I don't have a Compositing section in the kwinrc file. But even so,
according to log that I send in the initial mail, it seems that would be
activated with "nvidia" driver at least:

(II) NVIDIA(0): Support for GLX with the Damage and Composite X extensions is
(II) NVIDIA(0):     enabled.

Something that I would add is that with the configuration mentioned in
the first mail of this thread (driver "nvidia"), the screen is black
with thing lateral edge of very tenuous violet colour of the right side
until I press Ctrl+Alt+F1. This way I return to the console and this is
hung until I press Ctrl+C:

(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Tue Dec  8 10:33:44 2009
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
Parse error on line 9 of section Files in file /etc/X11/xorg.conf
        Ignoring obsolete keyword "RgbPath".
(EE) Failed to load module "xtrap" (module does not exist, 0)
SELinux: Disabled on system, not enabling in X server
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2
> symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2
> symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2
> symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2
> symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
(EE) HID 0566:3107: failed to initialize for relative axes.
^C
waiting for X server to shut down

xinit:  unexpected signal 2.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Daniel
--
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9  29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37