Re: Iceape video problem

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 16:50:05 -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 03:20:49PM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:

[...]

> > > flashplugin-nonfree is already the newest verion.
> >
> > I think you should check if iceape actually uses the correct plugin (and
> > not some outdated file that was left behind during an earlier attempt to
> > get flash working, for example).
> >
> > Here is how to do that (for iceweasel, I hope it also works for iceape):
>
> Ah-ha! Found the difference.  The listing for Shockwave Flash is
> identical to that shown below except for the entry for the File Name:
>
> For the system that doen't play videos: npwrapper.libflashplayer.so

That looks like a part of nspluginwrapper. I would purge this package
since you now seem to be running the 64bit flash plugin successfully.

[...]

> iceape is apparently different from iceweasel - I cannot find any
> about:config.  In preferences/helper applications there is a box "Always
> use the Netscape Plug-In Finder Service (PFS) to get plugins"  This box
> has always been checked.  In the top menu bar the pull down from Help
> includes an item About Plug-ins.

This is a misunderstanding that has already been clarified by AG. IMO,
it is worthwhile to find the plugin.expose_full_path setting and to
change it to true; seeing the full path for the plugins can be
tremendously helpful if one of them does not work.

          Florian   |