Re: How to "make install" apt?

On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 21:22 -0500, Peng Yu wrote:

> I am only interested in the source packages but not the compiled
> packages. My understanding is that the source codes of any give
> package (the same version) in redhat and debian should be the same. Am
> I correct?

Red Hat is not Debian is not Red Hat.  The Apt that Red Hat distributes
is a bastardized corrupted one that works with RPM packages, IIRC.
apt-rpm doesn't work well from my experience, and is all in all a pretty
pathetic excuse for playing catchup with the real world if I ever saw
one.

The apt you are looking for won't work with Red Hat.

> I also heard that debian has more packages than redhat. Is it correct?

Yes.