Re: Error in Squeeze after log on: There was an error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon.

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Foss User <fossist@gmail.com> wrote:
I am using Squeeze. Whenever I power on and log into GNome, I get the
following error. Is there a way to fix it?

There was an error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon.

Some things, such as themes, sounds, or background settings may not
work correctly.

The last error message was:

Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote
application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network
connection was broken.

GNOME will still try to restart the Settings Daemon next time you log in.
This was discussed in August [1], but not definitive solution was posted :(
Read there and try its tips