Re: How to save live video (mms) ?

On Sun, Sep 06, 2009 at 12:49:52AM +0430, a dehqan wrote:
> In The Name Of God
>
> Thanks for your attentions ;
> I apologize from you jochen if i bothered you ; now problem is how to make
> seekable dump .
>
> Andrew would you tell how to use mencoder to make it seekable ?

Without meaning to seem rude, please understand that trying to teach
you about video encoding and conversion is beyond the scope of this
list and my time.

You will have to research some of this yourself. But in the
manual page for mplayer/mencoder there are several options for
handling the indexing required to make the video seekable. search for
the string "idx" in the manpage. Either the -idx or -forceidx option
should make the video seekable while watching it. To make it
"permanently" seekable, you will have to reencode the video. It is
likely that just copying it through mencoder into a new file may be
enough to generate an index, but I'm not sure. You'll have to
investigate this yourself

regards