Re: Inquiry:Can I make use of external memory stick for Debian installation ?

AG wrote:
hadi motamedi wrote:
Dear All
Can you please do me favor and let me know how can I make use of the external memory stick for Debian installation ? Please be informed that my server doesn't come with internal CDROM drive so I need to make use of the external memory stick for this purpose . I have downloaded the *.iso files and so I need to find a way for writing to external USB memory stick and try to install right from there . I will change the BIOS settings to boot from the external devices then .
Thank you in advance
Regards
H.Motamedi
You don't specify any architecture, but assuming an i386, then http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch02s04.html.en#id2705174 should give you enough info to get a good start on doing what you wanted.

If the architecture is different, then go to http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual and select the architecture type you want. Then it will be section 2.4.3 of the Installation manual.

Good luck.

AG

That should have been section 4.3 [*not* 2.4.3!] of the Installation manual. Doh!