Re: [SOLVED] Re: Amarok 2.1 playback problems

Erik Sundin wrote:
On Saturday 05 September 2009 14:35:33 AG wrote:

AG wrote:

Downloaded Amarok 2.1. from the testing repos this a.m.  One
fundamental problem: once a track has been selected, clicking the play
button gives a message at the bottom of the screen about the track
playing, but the progress indicator bar does not move and no sound is
produced.  In short - nothing is playing at all.

Is this an experience shared by other Debian users?

Thanks all.

AG

This apparently is a problem with audio backends.

The fix is found at: /usr/share/bug/amarok/presubj

Thank you! I had the same problem and couldn't figure out what was wrong.

Glad that it helped someone else out :-)

I'm looking forward to the 2.2 release.  That apparently fixed the problem with the change in Amazon's API which prevents Amarok downloading cover art.  I understand 2.2 beta is in Experimental, so it may be a while until it filters down.