dpkg broken because of scilab-sivp

Hi,

After dist-upgrade I am left with the package scilab-sivp which
refuses to be removed and also precludes me from installing anything
else. It seems that scilab-sivp depends on sivp package, but since
sivp is not installed dpkg fails. I can't either install sivp or
uninstall scilab-sivp. Is there a way to forcefully remove this
package? I tried dpkg with --force-all, but that didnt' help. Below is
the output I get when doing apt-get remove scilab-sivp (this is not
exactly what I get but similar to it - I copied it from another forum.
I'm using another computer since I can't install X because of this
problem).

Did anyone encounter this before? Does anyone have any suggetstions on
how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

$ apt-get remove scilab-sivp
dpkg: error processing sivp (--configure):
 sivp