Re: dpkg sees packages that don't exist

AG wrote:
Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
I have the following output from dpkg:

    $ dpkg --get-selections ia32-cross\*
    ia32-crossover-games-demo                       install
    ia32-crossover-gamesdemo                        deinstall
    ia32-crossover-pro                              install
    ia32-crossover-standard                         install

but I can't remove Crossover Standard because:

    $ sudo dpkg -r ia32-crossover-standard
dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove ia32-crossover-standard which isn't installed.

How do I get dpkg to stop listing a package that it doesn't think is
installed?

This sounds like it is a Debian (or Ubuntu?) issue, not anything to do with GNOME, surely?

Oops - sorry - cross-posting mistake.