Re: eth2_rename_ren ???

On Thursday 03 September 2009 11:57:40 Márcio Luciano Donada wrote:
> Hi, People,
> I installed a network card on my debian server (3com) and the same
> appeared as eth2_rename_ren that crap is that?

Sounds like a bug/race condition in udev.  Please use reportbug to notify the
packagers.

You should be able to get a sane name for the device by removing the kernel
module that created the device and then re-inserting it.  If that module is
built-in to the kernel you may have to reboot.

If that does not result in a sane name for the device, udev may have generated
some bad persistent rules.  Reply with the output of (find /etc/udev/rules.d -
type f -exec grep -H eth2 -- {} \+); that output should indicate where the bad
rule is.