Re: libc6-dev dependency issuse

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 9:19 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

Something (the gmu email software??) is mangling the email replies and threading.)

User error. I sent my initial message without being subscribed to the mailing list, so in order to respond, I had to hack together your response from the html archive.

On 2009-09-01 09:28, Mike Atkins wrote:
On 2009-08-31 18:59, Mike Atkins wrote:

I am trying to install gfortan, but I get a dependency issue with libc6-dev.
I then tried to install libc6-dev by itself, but libc6-dev requires libc6 =
2.7-18, but I have libc6 = 2.9-4. Any ideas?

Are you running a mixed-branch system?

Not 100% what you mean by this,

Mixed stable and/or testing and/or unstable system.

When I originally installed lenny, I think I updated all packages with unstable inadvertantly enabled. I imagine this is the root of all evil. In order to force libc6 to revert to the stable version (through synaptic), I need to reinstall most of the system, so I went ahead and just installed the unstable libc6-dev.

Thanks for the help.

--
Brawndo's got what plants crave.  It's got electrolytes!

Do you know where I could get some water?