Re: avoid debian net installerto fetch security and volatile

On 2009-09-01_22:45:24, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> 09/01/2009 12:46 AM, Paul E Condon:
>>> Yeah, my problem is it is not prompted and forces me to fetch from
>>> security and volatile against my wish.
>> I'm pretty sure you can say no to security and volatile, if you use
>> 'expert' install.
>
> Still need to fin dhow to make 'expert' default.
> (No VGA in the installing box, my display is the console port)
> I will... :-P

My remberance of the thread is that preseeding automation was
suggested by someone who was offerring help, not by you. I had thought
that you did not need to automate the process, just that you did not
want to expose a newly installed system to the internet before it had
received latest security/volatile packages. I have no experience at
automating installation. It does seem to me that in as much as there
is a question asked about 'expert mode', the answering of that question
might be automated. But I really don't know.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net