Getting an alternative email based issue tracker to work

In my never ending quest to get some kind of functional way to use email for logging of events from a mail spool to some kind of trouble ticket system I came across request tracker but it always failed to work period based on apache daemon errors upon loading the modules necessary. Then I looked at roundup the python based system? For me that didn`t work since it refused to authenticate to gmail`s smtp server correctly or read the email correctly. However in my dispair iirc debian itself [well the maintainers] had an open source bug system. I did eventually get gmail to play nice with fetchmail and postfix all I need would be to get an acceptable email ticket system. When I was looking at the ticket system I did notice that it looks a little...intimidating. is this in package form? &s there a better replacement for this I have not tried that does it`s thing via email. 3hanks in advance

Sent via Cricket Mobile Email