Re: Thread hijacking (was: Install gcc)

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:33:57 -0500 (CDT), David Young in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
> On Fri, August 28, 2009 9:14 am, Sven Joachim wrote:

>>> I appreciate your reply, but I don't believe I hijacked a thread.
>>> "Install gcc" is my original subject line that started the thread,
>>> yes?
>>
>> No, look at the "References" header in your message¹.  When starting a
>> new thread, this header does not exist, because there are no messages
>> you are referring to.
>>
>> Hitting "Reply all" (or whatever you did) and changing subject does
>> *not* start a new thread.
>

> I'm clearly too ill-informed to be here.
> Apologies for the intrusion.

Don't be like that. You hijacked my thread by not starting a new message
with a new subject. Rookie mistake; we've all done it. No need to get your
nose out of joint -- that should be my  reaction to your hijack. LOL

Anyway what you probably did was just delete the subject and enter a new
one. That's not the same as creating a completely new message. ;)