Re: udev won't let me change my network interface?

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson@cox.net wrote:

> If it's a router, then it should have more than one Ethernet jack,
> right?

No, there's only a single ethernet jack on the modem.  My ISP, who
provided the modem, tells me this is the modern arrangement, and a hub
can be used for multiple machines.

> A $30 switch and another cable.

Or some other combination.  I haven't decided what arrangement will be
best.  My physical location is rural enough that new parts will have to
be ordered and will take some time to get to me.  Meanwhile, ....

Thanks for your interest.
cgm