Re: Emacs info files

On 2009-09-01 09:59 +0200, Stephen Leake wrote:

> I can't seem to find the info files for Emacs and Elisp.
>
> I have Lenny installed, with emacs-22.
>
> I don't see a separate package emacs-22-doc.

The package is called emacs22-common-non-dfsg, suggested by emacs22.
Arguably, emacs22-doc would have been a better name.

> On my Windows box, the Emacs info main directory shows "Emacs" and
> "Elisp" (and lots of other things) in the Emacs section of the *info*
> buffer.

It will do so everywhere except on Debian.  Please refer to bug #207932¹
why the documentation was removed.  You can obtain the Emacs manual and
many other GNU documentation from non-free, though.

Sven

¹ http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=207932