Re: wi-fi security?

On Mon,31.Aug.09, 18:10:24, Celejar wrote:

> "Google did not explain why using this new feature was so important,"
> Perry said. "This gives people who routinely log in to Gmail beginning
> with an https:// session a false sense of security, because they think
> they're secure but they're really not.""

I just checked and I found I had set this (probably since the first time
I noticed it).

Next to the setting is a link to
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=mail&answer=74765

which among others says:

"Please note that selecting 'Always use https' will prevent you from
accessing Gmail via HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol). In addition, it
may make Gmail a bit slower. If you trust the security of your network,
you can turn this feature off at any time."

I can imagine all but the paranoid users (like me ;) actually activating
this after reading the paragraph above.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)