Re: LVM on LUKS

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 02:56:25 +0200
PierPaolo <pierpaolo.franco@gmail.com> wrote:

> so... it is... ubuntu better than debian??? pleease, no!
>
> it's all day long i'm trying to set up lvm2 on top of luks properly on a
> fresh installed debian/lenny. previously i had this done in kubuntu9, then i
> try gentoo (aaagh!),, then i return to my beloved debian, but...
>
> that's another machine, so i cannot post very much of mi findings, not too
> much at all however
>
> someone accomplished this task? or, is this possible right now in debian? do
> i have to sadly fallback on ubuntu?!

It's certainly possible.  I did this recently, although only after a
lot of time and aggravation.  But I've learned some useful things in
the process, and I think that I could do it again now easily enough,
with what I've learned ...

> i collected these bugs... am i on the right way?

If you tell us more about exactly what problem you're currently facing,
we'd probably be able to help you.

Celejar