Re: Mail transfer agent and Active Directory

On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 01:34:09PM +0200, pch0317 wrote:
> Hello
> I have 150 users in my network. I want to change MsExchange to open MTA.
>
> 1. Is there any open MTA which cooperate with Active Directory or
> eDirectory? I don't want to create 150 user account. I would like to it
> still work even when Active Directory password change (password change
> every month).

If you use Samba with Winbind, the accounts will be sought from the AD, so you
don't have to create them on your box.

That's how we're doing it right now with Postfix/Dovecot.  postfix-ldap works
too though, as already mentioned.

Cheers,

--
Eric Gerlach, Network Administrator