Virtualbox Lenny Guest - Screen resize and Seamless mode

I am trying to get Screen resize and Seamless mode working on Lenny guest
systems to no avail.

I have tried insalling the guest-utils packages, as well as the
guest-additions the manual way with m-a.  They install fine, but sreen-resize
and seamless mode don't work.

Does anyone have this working at all?  I've tried various xorg.conf files with
the video driver and no screen resolutions.

I am running virtualbox-ose 2.1.4 from lenny-backports on the host.

Thanks,

Chris

--
C. Hurschler