Re: A Laptop where all hardware is perfectly supported

In <[🔎] lyk51l57jw.fsf@gfn.org>, Scott Gifford wrote:
>"Todd A. Jacobs" <nospam@codegnome.org> writes:
>> Dell purportedly sells a netbook with Ubuntu on it, but I haven't tried
>> it myself.
>
>I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 that came with Ubuntu pre-installed, and
>it works quite well.  The only thing that has never worked right is
>the modem.

Oh right, I never used the modem so it never concerned me.  IIRC, There are
free drivers for the modem, but they will only connect at 14.4Kbps.  ISTR
that Dell makes available a .deb (that is not freely redistributable, so not
appropriate for non-free) on their drivers website that will let the modem
run at the full 56Kbps.