Re: Messages when system is loading

On 2009-08-03 09:37, eva wrote:
Hi,

I have a few Debian 5 machines as Mail servers. I have changed many
times the order of the services in the run levels but I still have
lots of warning and error messages when the system is loading.

What kind of messages?

The servers work perfect but I would like to know what's all those
messages about. Does anyone know where those messages could be? Or, if
is there any way to make the system pause while it's loading so I
could read all the messages. I have checked /var/log/dmesg and
/var/log/messages but I haven't found any helpful information there.

If BOOTLOGD_ENABLE=yes in file /etc/default/bootlogd, then /var/log/boot might help.

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer