Re: Installation on Intel Core i7

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Timothy Wu <2huggie@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Does anybody have any experience installing Debian on i7? The installation went smoothly but it didn't seem to boot. A horizontal cursor flashes on screen and I don't see anything else.

Timothy

I've just tried Ubuntu, too. The same thing happens. Installation seems fine but it just doesn't boot form hard drive. Though booting live from CD runs just fine. Though fdisk -l doesn't return anything. Is this normal? I don't have much experience with live CDs.

Timothy