Mouse,three button emulation,kernel variables,one button mouse.

I run Debian Lenny om my iMac PPC and to emulate a three button mouse I
set up the following code in sysctl.conf file:

dev/mac_hid/mouse_button_emulation = 1
dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode = 87
dev/mac_hid/mouse_button3_keycode = 88

for the F11 function key to emulate the middle button,and F12 the right button.It works fine.Now I purchased a Dell Mini9 netbook and I need to
use my Mac USB one button mouse with it,as the above code most likely only works with PPC kernels are there any equivalent method for i386 kernels,or
is that code universal for PPC,i386 etc.?