Re: what does this udev message mean?

On Sunday 02 August 2009 11:15:17 Jude DaShiell wrote:
> udev: deprecated sysfs layout; update the kernel or disable
> CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED; some udev features will not work correctly .
> The interesting thing about this message on boot up on my system is
> that it isn't being caught by dmesg.  That is when I do dmesg
> >dmesg.log and examine the log file, this message does not appear in
> that file though I hear it as speakup boots the system.  I managed to
> snag it with speakup's clipboard feature.

That message probably means, that you run an older kernel with a newer
udev. You should think about updating your kernel. What kernel are you
running anyway? and which udev version?

And that message is not in dmesg, because it is not from the kernel but
from the userland. Check /var/log/syslog for such messages.