what does this udev message mean?

udev: deprecated sysfs layout; update the kernel or disable CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED; some udev features will not work correctly . The interesting thing about this message on boot up on my system is that it isn't being caught by dmesg. That is when I do dmesg >dmesg.log and examine the log file, this message does not appear in that file though I hear it as speakup boots the system. I managed to snag it with speakup's clipboard feature.