Re: How to partition and format external disk to ext3

On 2009-08-02 04:05, hce wrote:
Hi,

I bought an external disk (1 BT) and I am only connecting it to a
Debian box, not window. Is it a good idea to re-fomat it by ext3?

Sure, unless you have an urge to use vfat or ntfs-3g.

Presuming, of course that it's already formatted. In which case it's an expensive brick until you format it.

                                                                   Has
anyone done it?

Sure.  Linux has had that capability for a decade.

                 What is the procedure and commands to do it?

You're making things *WAY* too complicated!

Turn it on, plug it in and treat it like you'd treat any other hard drive. Because that's exactly what it is...

                                                               Anything
I should be aware of not demage it?

Not unless "unmount before unplugging" is something you need to be made aware of...

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer