Re: java-gcj installation bug

On Sunday 12 July 2009 16:16:07 David Baron wrote:
> Setting up java-gcj-compat-headless (1.0.80-5.1) ...
> update-alternatives: error: alternative rmiregistry can't be master: it is
> a slave of java
> dpkg: error processing java-gcj-compat-headless (--configure):
>  subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
>
> Anyone fixed this?

Hi David,

To let you know that I managed to fix this issue.

I installed default-jre package and I purge all packages containing gcj/gij in
their name.

By doing this, I got openjdk 1.6 installed by default which is fine for me and
this solved the issue.

Now, I didn't tell there are no bugs in the java package dependencies or in
the configuration of update-alternative for these packages.

Well... I'm happy with this fix :)

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Fred.