Re: Reason to not upgrade to 5.0 - was Re: Problem with Debian 4.0 security

On 2009-08-01 05:33, Bret Busby wrote:
[snip]

Actually, in today reconsidering upgrading to Debian 5.0, and, reading the information on the Debian web site, and, in checking using the package search facility on the Debian web site, I have found that Debian 5.0 excludes Iceape and Seamonkey,

It's back in Sid now, soon to be in Squeeze. *Maybe* it can make it back into Lenny.

and does not include any Mozilla applications,

What do you mean?  Am I misunderstanding you?

http://packages.debian.org/stable/web/iceweasel
http://packages.debian.org/stable/web/iceowl
http://packages.debian.org/stable/mail/icedove

so, with the elimination of Iceape/Seamonkey, Debian 5.0 is simply not as functional, or, as useful to me, as Debian 4.0.

You could always install the mozilla.org binary...

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer