Re: Inquiry:Debian server Remote Desktop Connection

Dear Kamaraju
I am making use of the PuTTY Release 0.51 . Can you please let me know where is that "Enabling X11 forwarding" ?
Regards
H.Motamedi

hadi motamedi wrote:

> Dear All
> Can you please let us know what is the required service that needs to be
> enabled on the Debian server to allow for Remote Desktop Connection opened
> from the MS Windows client's side ?
> Regards
> H.Motamedi

Install the openssh-server package on the Debian server machine.
Start the ssh server (as root) by doing
 /etc/init.d/networking restart

Install an ssh client on MS windows. I prefer putty for an ssh client. YMMV.
Enable X11 forwarding in putty

Install and start an X server on MS windows. I prefer xming.

Connect to the server... and you are good to go.

hth
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi