Re: Live CD says all fs clean, but...

<ron.l.johnson@cox.net> <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:
>  ---- "s. keeling" <keeling@nucleus.com> wrote:
> > <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:
> > > boot procedure still mounts / as RO, and so "it" can't write to
> > > /var (which is part of /) and thus the boot process freezes just
> > > after S55something.
> > >
> > > (No, it doesn't drop me into single-user mode. I think it wants
> > > to, but things fly by so fast that I can't see.)
> >
> > Look on the bright side. You get to test your recovery procedures.
>
>  Monty Python references not appreciated at this moment...

Is this better:

  Pull out the CD-R to which you backed up your project directory.

  No, I'm not trying to be flippant.  For the past 50 years, people/
  organizations that don't make backups don't have any right to whine
  about lost data.
                 -- Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>

  :-)  Tell me to STFU anytime.