Re: Question about Installing Lenny on a laptop

Cláudio E. Elicker <elicker@gmail.com>:
>  On Wednesday 17 June 2009, Petrus Validus wrote:
>
> > Usually I just install the base and build from there (on desktops) but
> > since I'm on a laptop I'm wondering what tools and packages are part of
> > the "Laptop" selection?
>
>  Try this:
>  aptitude search '~tlaptop'

Cool, and to the OP, I in installed just the base, then dragged what I
needed in.  The above lists this here (lenny):

i   acpi             - displays information on ACPI devices
i   acpi-support     - scripts for handling many ACPI events
i   acpid            - Utilities for using ACPI power management
i   anacron          - cron-like program that doesn't go by time
i   apmd             - Utilities for Advanced Power Management (APM)
i   avahi-autoipd    - Avahi IPv4LL network address configuration daemon
i   bluetooth        - Bluetooth stack utilities
i   cpufrequtils     - utilities to deal with the cpufreq Linux kernel feature
i   hibernate        - smartly puts your computer to sleep (suspend to RAM or disk)
i   nvclock          - Allows you to overclock your nVidia card under GNU/Linux
i   pcmciautils      - PCMCIA utilities for Linux 2.6
i   powertop         - Linux tool to find out what is using power on a laptop
i   radeontool       - utility to control ATI Radeon backlight functions on laptops
i   toshset          - Access much of the Toshiba laptop hardware interface
i   vbetool          - run real-mode video BIOS code to alter hardware state
i   wireless-tools   - Tools for manipulating Linux Wireless Extensions
i   wpasupplicant    - Client support for WPA and WPA2 (IEEE 802.11i)

>  For more information look here: http://wiki.debian.org/tasksel

Thanks.