Re: AltGr broken in GTK apps (?) since yesterday's upgrade

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 20:51, MRH<misiek_spam@o2.pl> wrote:
> Davide Mancusi wrote:
>>
>>        Running Sid. I upgraded some 400 packages yesterday and since
>> then the AltGr key has stopped working in some applications, notably
>> Iceweasel and Claws Mail (i.e. the applications I use 90% of the
>> time, of course). Specifically, when I press AltGr + any key, nothing
>> happens. Note that neither Iceweasel nor Claws were upgraded. Could it
>> be related to GTK?
>>
>>        Has anyone experienced the same behaviour?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Davide
>>

> I did a while ago, actually - if it is the same thing; ie some regional
> characters (Polish in my case) don't work with AltGr. It works again when
> you open keyboard preferences, go to Layouts tab, Layout Options button,
> expand 'Key to choose 3rd level', untick and tick back the current option
> (probably Right Alt), close.
>
> But. It returns to the broken state once you pressed any of multimedia keys
> or logout or in some other circumstances I'm not really sure when. Pretty
> annoying, so let's hope there will be a fix. Unfortunately I have no idea
> what is the problem / what causes that so I even do not know where to report
> a bug (against which package).
>
> Kind regards,
> --
> Michal R. Hoffmann
>

> --

I have done some testing, but havn't been able to resolve the issue,
but as following:
In firefox and xchat, no AltGr combo is possible;
In Gnome-terminal and in gvim, all but tilde works
In xterm, everything works
Same issue both in xfce4 and gnome, also with an pristine user.

And yea, I'm using sid.

/Carl

--
/Carl Fürstenberg <azatoth@gmail.com>