(SOLVED) Re: How do I add an already encrypted /home during install?

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Peter Jordan<usernetwork@gmx.info> wrote:
> i would leave the encrypted partition untouched during installation and add
> it after the installation.
>
> PJ

Thanks for the help! I did some more research and this appears to be
the only method to reuse encrypted partitions. Even worse no matter
what option you choose your encrypted partition will be wiped:

I had first installed i386 system with encrypted /home and swap. Then I
decided to install also amd64 build -- reusing both encrypted
partitions. Although I checked out smth like 'delete data' in the
encryption setup menu, which I treated as 'preserve/don"t touch', it
did reinitialize them and I had to recreate filesystems on top.

The user isn't warned and the data contained in the encrypted volume
will be killed without notice,
even if the same password is supplied.

I suggest to give the user the option of reusing the encrypted device
or at least give a big fat warning
that his data will be killed, if he proceeds one step further.

given the current lack of manpower
working on partman-crypto, I doubt this is fixed unless someone comes
up with a patch.