Re: Strange printing problem(s)

andmalc wrote:

Wayne Topa-4 wrote:

I gave attached the cupsd.conf & client.conf files.
LogLevel warning

 On Sid for these tests

Thanks for the reply!

Changed the loglevel to debug

No entries in the error_log when my user tries to print. There are no errors show there at all regarding a failure to print. (???)

Changed the lever to debug 2 and restarted cups. More info in the log but still no errors shown.

Tried something different.
wtopa@dj:~$ sudo a2ps zim_pages.txt
[zim_pages.txt (plain): 1 page on 1 sheet]
/usr/bin/lp: Error - scheduler not responding!
[Total: 1 page on 1 sheet] sent to the default printer

Maybe something new added in the 3 months I didn't use this box and I haven't loaded it.

Try changing the log level in cupsd.conf to debug and follow the log while
printing.  You may also turn on debug logging by running

sudo cupsctl --debug-logging

wtopa@dj:~$ sudo cupsctl --debug-logging
cupsctl: Unable to connect to server: No route to host

It seems that might be why the error_log doesn't show any error. The user account can't get to the cups server. Now to figure out why!

I'm going to start a root X session and see if the X apps will print. That should narrow down the problems if that works.

Will report back when I get more data.

Thanks again!!

Wayne