Re: update issue when /tmp is noexec

In <[🔎] 779b039a0906031226j31ddf7dbsd20d45924bdc212d@mail.gmail.com>, Russell
Gadd wrote:
>Is there anywhere I can
>inspect the messages that are generated during an update?

I don't think so.  I'm not sure they are saved anywhere.

>Can you answer the other question I asked: is my system likely to need
> some attention due to not having allowed scripts to execute in /tmp since
> I installed Lenny?

I don't *think* so, but I could be wrong.  Usually, the DMs and DDs make
upgrades fail if anything they are doing *needs* to be done and fails.

> If so what do I need to do (apart from reinstalling
> from scratch)?

I'd have to look through the Debian Policy and Developers Guide to confirm,
but I think package's preinst and postinst are supposed to be relatively
idempotent.  You may be able to re-run those with some argument for all your
installed packages.

You can find preinst/postinst and other package tracking stuff under
/var/lib/dpkg/info.